Ingredients: (for a round dish)
For the fruit:
• 600 g berries (e.g. strawberries, blueberries etc)
• 5-6 apricots
• 1 apple
• 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
• 3 tbsp maple syrup
• 1/2 tsp vanilla, ground
For the buttermilk crumble:
• 150 g spelt flour
• 2 tps cream of tartar baking powder
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 2-3 tbsp oats
• 2 tbsp ground almonds
• 80 ml maple syrup
• 50 g coconut oil
• 200 ml buttermilk
• One handful flaked almonds
For the Ice Cream:
• 500 g mixed berries, (frozen)
• 4-5 tbsp natural yoghurt
• 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
• A little lemon zest (to taste)
1. Remove the stones from the apricots and cut the fruit into quarters. Dice the apple. Sift through the berries and chop the strawberries small if large.
2. Put the fruit into the dish and mix in the cornflour and maple syrup.
3. To make the crumble, mix the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon, oats, ground almonds and maple syrup.
4. Add the coconut oil to the mixture and use your fingertips to work the oil into the mixture.
5. Pour in the buttermilk and stir together.
6. Spread over the fruit.
7. Sprinkle the almond flakes over.
8. Bake at 180°C (fan oven) for approx. 50-55 minutes, or until the crumble topping is golden brown.
9. Allow to cool a little, and serve when still a little warm with the ice cream.
For the Ice Cream
1. Mix the frozen berries with the yoghurt, honey and vanilla.
2. Use a hand-blender until the mixture is creamy.
3. You can put the ice cream back into the freezer for a few minutes if necessary, or serve immediately.
I also love to serve this dessert with a fluffy ricotta cream!
Top make this, I mix 200g ricotta with 2-3 tbsp Greek yoghurt, 2 tsp honey and some vanilla, to taste. A few dollops of this cream make a delicious accompaniment to the warm crumble.
Enjoy it! ☺