Lena from meinleckeresleben.com invented this vitamin-rich warming recipe for all FITAPP users. Colourful vegetables jostle for space in this dish and along with the roasted cashew nuts, it becomes a meal fit for a king.
Ingredients: (serves 4 – ish!)
For the Curry:
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger (approx. 2cm)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon tandoori masala, 1 teaspoon garam masala (i.e. from Sonnentor)
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 100-150 ml water
- Seasonal vegetables (such as carrots, broccoli, peppers, cauliflower, mushrooms, courgettes etc)
- 1 tin of giant white kidney beans
- Chili flakes, according to taste
- Juice of half a lime
- A little sesame oil for frying
To sprinkle over:
- 100 g Cashew nuts
- 300 g spelt rice
- A handful of freshly chopped parsley, salt
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger. Put a little sesame oil in a large pan and lightly sauté the garlic and ginger.
- Chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and add to the pan.
- Add the spices (tandoori, masala, tomato puree, salt and chili flakes) and lightly sauté all ingredients together. Then add water and coconut milk.
- Place the lid on and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the vegetables are al dente, stir in the beans.
- Add salt, lime juice and chili (if required) to taste.
- Roast the cashew nuts in the pan or in the oven and sprinkle, along with the freshly chopped parsley, over the curry before serving.
For the spelt rice
- Measure the spelt and put twice the amount of water in a pan. Add the spelt and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- When the spelt is cooked, stir in the freshly chopped parsley.
Lena has been writing her blog meinleckeresleben.com with dedication and love for almost 3 years. She is a nutritional educationalist and a passionate gourmet who places great value on healthy and nutritional meals which are a treat for body and soul.