Ingredients: (makes 12-15)
- 300 g spelt flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 50 g roughly chopped nuts (hazelnuts, almonds etc.)
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 300 ml buttermilk
- 80 ml oil (i.e. rapeseed oil)
- Seeds of ½ vanilla pod
- 200 g fresh blueberries (or similar)
- 1 banana, chopped into slices
- 40 g dried apples, chopped
1. Mix flour with baking powder, oats, cinnamon, nuts and chia seeds.
2. In a separate bowl, stir the honey, maple syrup, egg, buttermilk, banana slices and vanilla seeds together.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix together.
4. Stir in the blueberries and dried apples.
5. Spoon the mixture into muffin cases in a muffin tray.
6. Bake at 180°C for approx. 25 minutes (or until skewer comes out clean).
7. Serve warm or cold.
Enjoy it! ☺