Ingredients: (makes about 25 biscuits)
- 3 bananas
- 240 g ground almonds or hazelnuts (or a mixture)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- 80 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
1. Mash the bananas well (this works best using a fork).
2. Mix the bananas in a bowl with the almonds, 1 tbsp coconut flakes, maple syrup, ½ tsp cinnamon and the vanilla.
3. Mix the sugar with the rest of the cinnamon.
4. Take a ball of dough the size of a tea spoon and roll it in the sugar-cinnamon mixture, place on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and squash it slightly. Repeat until you have used up the dough.
5. Sprinkle the remaining coconut flakes over the biscuits.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°C (fan ovens) for approx. 40 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
7. Allow to cool, then store in a jar for up to 3 or 4 days.
Enjoy it! ☺